Easy Cashew Coconut Laddu with Lavender and Lemon
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Kid Friendly, Raw
- 3 cups cashew flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour*
- 2 tablespoons lavender, divided (or lavendar essential oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (or lime zest also works)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
1. To make the cashew flour: Process cashews 1/2 cup at a time in high-speed blender. Sift and re-blend the chunks until you have a silky flour. Don’t over blend or you will get cashew butter. 1 cup of raw cashews makes aproximately 1 1/2 cups of flour.
2. Mix together cashew flour, almond flour, 1 tablespoon of the lavender, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, coconut oil and agave.
3. Roll into balls and set aside.
4. Powder the coconut in a high-speed blender or coffee grinder. Mix together with remaining 1 tablespoon lavender and roll the balls in this mixture.
5. Chill to set.
I got the original recipe from RawMazing.com and made my own modifications.