Easy Paani Puri (Golgappa)
Golgappa is one of India’s most loved street foods. However, with various hygeine standards, it is often risky to consume! Make it at home for a safe and enjoyable experience.
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- ¾ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tbsp seedless tamarind
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- black salt as required
- 3 small potatoes
- Boil the potatoes (I use a pressure cooker for speed)
- Peel them and then chop them.
- Finely chop an onion (I prefer red)
- In a small bowl, mix the potatoes, onions, chaat masala powder and black salt.
- In a blender add all the ingredients mentioned above for the pani.
- Add little water and grind to a fine chutney.
- Remove the green chutney in a large bowl. Add 2 to 3 cups water. Mix well. Check the seasoning. Add more black salt or jeera powder or chaat masala if required. If you want a thin pani, you could add some water. But keep on checking the seasoning, as per your taste.
- You can chill the pani in the fridge or add some ice cubes to it..
- Crack the top of the puri with a spoon.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of the boiled potato-onion filling in the poori.
- Stir the green pani first and then it and the sweet chutney as per your taste.
- Pop in your mouth, whole!