Sattu Bhara Roti (Roti Stuffed with Roasted, Ground Chickpea)
Sattu is by far the most famous ingredient of Bihar. Ground, roasted chickpea can make a multitude of recipes. One of the favorite items is stuffed rotis or paranthas. They taste great with any vegetable dish, and can offer a nutritious snack on the go.
- Sattu packet (roasted, ground chickpea)
- Atta – Finely ground wheat flour
- Green chilis
- finely chopped onions
- Step 1- Prepare the atta (wheat flour) to make rotis as you normally would, set aside.
- Step 2 – Make the sattu stuffing
- Finely chop onions and green chilis, mix with dry sattu in a bowl.
- Add water until the mixture becomes a crumbly texture.
- Add salt to taste
- Step 3 take a small ball of dough, flatten with your hands then add stuffing inside, making a little sandwich
- Step 4 roll the rotis out and join the rotis together with your fingers
- be sure to pinch around the edges, so none of the sattu mixture comes out
- Step 5 cook on the tava, evenly on each side.
- add oil if you wish to make it a parantha style
- Step 6 serve hot!